Todun Osunloye on 2 May 2012 21:13:40 -0700

Re: May Meeting

So what baseline should I come in with? Knowledge of Haskell?

On 3 May 2012 00:07, Yuvi Masory <ymasory@gmail.com> wrote:
You won't need to know any Scalaz to understand the talk. I'm trying
to do two things, simultaneously. (1) Demonstrate the common Haskell
typeclasses, (2) show how those ideas are expertly encoded in Scala by
the Scalaz developers so you can go home and encode your own
functional ideas using Scala.

So if my first goal succeeds, you'll know what monads and functors are
when you leave, if you don't already. If my second goal succeeds
you'll see how Scala can be stretched to do some pretty funky things.

Yuvi