Toby DiPasquale on Wed Oct 12 14:14:58 2005

[PhillyOnRails] Introductions

  • From: toby@cbcg.net (Toby DiPasquale)
  • Subject: [PhillyOnRails] Introductions
  • Date: Wed Oct 12 14:14:58 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:54:08PM -0400, Erin Mulder wrote:
> Wow.  We're up over 30 people now.  Time to do some introductions and
> get to know each other.  Here's mine:

I've been using Ruby since 1999 (the Dr. Dobbs article; seems to have been
a popular start for the U.S. Ruby programmers ;-)). I started the first
eastern hemisphere ruby-lang.org FTP mirror (shut down now) way back in
the day while I was at Villanova. I tried to start a RUG years ago, but it
was just me and David Black back then for the whole tri-state area, and we
had to each drive an hour to meet (which only happened once ;-)).

I use Ruby extensively in my $DAYJOB and have recently started using Rails
for small, internal projects to automate stuff around the $OFFICE. So far,
I like it, but its taking me a little longer to get into it since I don't
really do any web development professionally any longer (last time was
with IIS+VB6 and JRun/J2EE, so you know how long ago that was).

--
Toby DiPasquale