Mark Chadwick on Wed Oct 12 20:01:14 2005

[PhillyOnRails] Introductions

  • From: mark.chadwick@gmail.com (Mark Chadwick)
  • Subject: [PhillyOnRails] Introductions
  • Date: Wed Oct 12 20:01:14 2005

Howdy.

My name's Mark Chadwick.  I've been doing professional web development
for the past 5  years or so.  I'm pretty new to Rails, and I moved out
of the city in the not-so-distant past, so I suppose I'm qualifying
for this list by the skin of my teeth.

I'm currently working for a company down near Wilmington.  Coding a
big java app when needed, doing sys admin stuff when needed.

To echo something said earlier, I enjoy diving in to new languages,
and Rails is being fantastic for picking up the finer points of Ruby.
I suppose Gnome is to Python as webapps are to Ruby.

I've only worked solo on Ruby apps, so I'll be very curious to see
what everyone else has to say.

-Mark