Mark Chadwick on 5 Jan 2006 05:41:40 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Textmate

Jason,

TextMate is second to none for Rails projects.  In the way of pre-recorded macros, you're out of luck, though TextMate has excellent macro support.  Ruby source, rhtml, css, whatever are also well supported via syntax hilighting and such.

The main seller (I've found) has been the folder naviagation drawer.  When working on a rails project, I've found this to be the hands-down best way to get around your project quickly.  Its only something like $10-$20, and I'd highly recommend if doing anything Rails.

-Mark