Mike Zornek on 31 Jan 2006 21:43:59 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Next Meeting

On 1/31/06 1:17 PM, "Eric Snyder" <snyderep@mac.com> wrote:

> We are still searching for a second speaker. Here's a chance to talk about
> your favorite Rails topic. Don't be shy, we're a friendly group. If you would
> like to speak at the next meeting or one further in the future just post to
> the list.

I'd be willing to do a little tour of my website, which is in and of itself
a Rails app.

http://ClickableBliss.com

Some of the cool things:

* Static pages are based off of Markdown files and are cached.
* Custom blog engine with:
  - an rss feed
  - live "as you type" comment previews (that allow Markdown formatting as
well).
  - email notifications allow people who comment on a blog entry to continue
to monitor the conversation.
  - project is switchtower-enabled, making updates easy.
  - uses db migrations

It would be a mix of topics, nothing too complicated but might be
interesting for other newbies like myself.

~ Mike
--
Work: http://ClickableBliss.com
Play: http://MikeZornek.com