Erin Mulder on 30 Sep 2006 23:10:50 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Meeting Next Thursday, October 5th!

Join us this Thursday for the next exciting installment of Philly on
Rails!  See details below.

As usual, please reply to me offlist to let me know if you can make it.
 This also gets your name in the hat for giveaways.

See you there!
Erin

OCTOBER MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

Date: Thursday, October 5, 2006

Location: Fort Washington Holiday Inn (http://www.fwholiday.com)

Sponsor: Chariot Solutions (http://www.chariotsolutions.com)

Agenda:

 6:30pm - Doors open, meet, greet, eat

 7:00pm - ======================================================
          Introduction to Camping by Evan Weaver
          Camping is an open-source Ruby MVC microframework
          suitable when Rails is too much but CGI isn't enough.
          It is especially useful for intranet applications and
          rapid prototyping, or if Rails irritates you. We will
          quickly walk through a generic camping application and
          then discuss some ways Camping and Rails can be mixed,
          creating your own perfect-sized framework. Also, we
          will examine Camping's programmatic templater Markaby,
          which can also be used in Rails.

 7:45pm - Break for conversation, food, giveaways

          Securing Ruby and Rails by Cliff Moon