Aaron Blohowiak on 19 Dec 2006 05:08:25 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Pub Nite!!

Topics covered tonight included:

Ruby on rails as a framework to drive command line ( ! ) apps.. ( http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6286 )

Buddhism as a philosophy versus as a religion ( http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/buddhism/buddha_quote.html ) and Taoism

Storing credit cards and CISP / PCI compliance ( http://lists.rubyonrails.org/pipermail/rails/2006-August/060915.html )

PHP (ew) frameworks like drupal ( http://drupal.org/ ) vs. building it over in rails..

What we wanted to see out of the ecommerce on rails talk that is forthcoming...

How hard it is to find good people to hire..

Applying a filtering algo to the movements of a mouse to essentially create bezier curves to store mouse movement data for UI and then integrating with click heat maps like ( http://blog.corunet.com/english/the-definitive-heatmap )

HopStop, the place to plan intracity travel ( http://hopstop.com/ ) -- looks like they DO have a mobile version.. but no regional rail..

The jazz standard "Take the A train"  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_the_A_Train ) WAS an ellington song, but really a jazz standard..

and MUCH much more..

Be there next time!!