Walter Lee Davis on 10 Mar 2007 15:18:59 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Need help connecting to WEBDAV

I presented both options to the client already, thinking that the WEBDAV thing would be simple enough to do, and the tipping point of the decision was that by keeping everything within Joyent's data center, we would cut down on public internet traversal for the actual file contents during day-to-day use.

The annual costs are fairly similar, and there are desktop integration products available for S3 that make it as easy from an administrative standpoint as WEBDAV. But I hate to go back to the client now and tell him that it can't be done.

Thanks,

Walter