Flinn Mueller on 24 May 2007 16:31:35 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] jruby question

I don't come from a Java background, so I'm curious to see what deployment options JRuby brings to Rails. Can anyone tell me if packaging a Rails app into a WAR file or JAR (if that's even supported) gives my source code any reasonable safety from prying eyes? Is a WAR file only going to compress and package the Rails app, or are we packaging intermediate or byte code that would make it (a little) harder to view my apps source code? I'm curious because I heard the news that ThoughWorks recently started distributing an Rails app for JRuby.

Thanks --flinn