Erin Mulder on 2 Aug 2007 13:39:44 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Next Meeting: August 6, 2007

AUGUST MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

DATE:
  Monday, August 6, 2007

TIME:
  6:00pm for beginners/mentors
  7:00pm for the main event

LOCATION:
   Fort Washington Hotel and Conference Center (formerly Holiday Inn)
   432 W Pennsylvania Avenue
   Fort Washington, PA 19034
   http://www.fwholiday.com/

  (This hotel is adjacent to the Fort Washington train station on the
  R5-Lansdale/Doylestown line.  Email me or the list if you need directions.)

SPONSOR:
   Kinetic Web Solutions
   http://www.kineticweb.com/

   Kinetic Web Solutions is a Rails application development and hosting
   shop in Limerick and is seeking a few talented Rails developers.

AGENDA:
  6:00pm - Informal Beginner Session ("Rails 101") for newcomers
  7:00pm - JRuby by Cliff Moon
  8:00pm - Email In and Out of Ruby by Allen Fair

FOOD/DRINK:
  Chicken Fingers, Fruit Kebobs, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Water

As always, details are also posted at:
  http://www.phillyonrails.org/

Thanks to everyone who has already RSVP'd.  If you haven't and plan to
attend, please email organizers@phillyonrails.org to let us know.
(This helps us switch to bigger space if we get a huge response and
also makes you eligible for any giveaways, but don't worry -- you're
still welcome to attend even if you forget to tell us ahead of time.)

BTW, we have speakers lined up for September, but still need
volunteers (or recommendations) for October, November and December.
Let me know if you are interested or know somebody who we should
invite.

Cheers,
Erin