Mat Schaffer on 4 Sep 2007 12:48:13 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] jruby + hadoop?

On Sep 1, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Michael Bevilacqua-Linn wrote:

Have you read the google paper (doesn't cover hadoop obviously, but a great intro to the concept, has a section at the end that has a few blurbs on what/how google is using it.)  It's very straightforward and written in plain English, not academe-ese.

http://labs.google.com/papers/mapreduce.html

English, eh?  I sorta shelved it cause it's looked all whitepaper-ie.  But on that recommendation, I guess I'll have to put down the SICP lectures for a bit and read through that one.

Thanks,
Mat