Randy Schmidt on 1 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Re: How did I get myself in this mess

  • From: "Randy Schmidt" <randy@umlatte.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Re: How did I get myself in this mess
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:01:27 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=kL1qNkxFe4SPYYf9fkAmZonCKpXdYMXJBSRCJM4dhJ4=; b=iRLBVRbStWxiWmwRSgbQTWUO3k84jeA/PdgcehiOi3zXLOQXai3a0wlFi52PpOZJXdFK6NxLw2Tct6C2cIXMxql//M/U8okTDGcuTuVLe/HpOF5RpHtqbEdKq9IpQb5RyjpSobasMJU+yuxf1jpxc1aD5uYRhSfnHSs6B+bG8no=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Yeah, I just mentioned that to someone at PANMA... still waiting to hear.

On 10/1/07, Walter Lee Davis <waltd@wdstudio.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else able to see panma.org? I am trying to sign up -- I'd
> love to see how this steel-cage match goes -- but the server appears
> to be off line right now...
>
> Walter
>
> On Oct 1, 2007, at 10:41 AM, Randy Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I'll practice my dutch accent before I go so I get "whoops" just
> > right.
> >
> > I told the organizer that I would be game for setting up a larger
> > event, maybe all day on a saturday or something, where different
> > frameworks from DIFFERENT languages can have an hour or so to talk...
> > and he was game, so maybe we'll go that route after this one.
> >
> > Ok, I'll show adding functionality using migrations, some extra code,
> > overriding a method (maybe to_param to create a permalink of sorts),
> > and deployment with capistrano... maybe twice to show how easy it is
> > :-P

> >> That's a great idea, thanks for the advice! This will allow me to
> >> show
> >> migrations, how easy it is to change code, and, if I set up a test
> >> dev
> >> server, capistrano (hopefully I'll have internet access).
> >>
> >> Time to embrace constraints :-D
> >>
> >> --
> >> Randy Schmidt
> >> randy@umlatte.com