Colin A. Bartlett on 17 Oct 2007 14:28:02 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Next Meeting: TONIGHT

Just a reminder! All the details below.
I've added more detailed public transit directions as well.
Colin

OCTOBER MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

As always, please RSVP to organizers@phillyonrails.org.
Only those who RSVP are on the list for fun giveaways.
(Including the ever-popular PeepCode tshirts.)

DATE:
Wednesday, October 17, 2007

TIME:
6:00pm for beginners/mentors
7:00pm for the main event

LOCATION:
Fort Washington Hotel and Conference Center (formerly Holiday Inn)
432 W Pennsylvania Avenue
Fort Washington, PA 19034
http://www.fwholiday.com/

Public Transit Directions:
This hotel is adjacent to the Fort Washington train station on the
R5-Lansdale/Doylestown lin train line (Fort Washington stop, which is
in Zone 3). There are schedules and stuff at http://www.septa.org
(just don't look at the other R5 line, which goes in the wrong
direction).

If you're coming from center city, get off at Fort Washington, walk
perpendicular to the tracks across the big parking lot to
Pennsylvania Ave, turn right at the street, and the hotel is about 50
yards down on the right (really next to the station parking lot, just
some brush and stuff in between).

If you're coming from Lansdale/Doylestown, just cross under the
tracks when you get off and then follow the directions above.)

SPONSOR:
Gamervision
www.gamervision.com
Our sponsor this month is Gamervision of Doylestown.
They are a local company looking to hire Rails talent.

Make sure to chat with and thank them. Our sponsors keep our meetings free.

AGENDA:
6:00pm - Informal Beginner Session ("Rails 101") for newcomers
7:00pm - Aaron Mulder chatting about Acts As Authenticated
8:00pm - Mat Schaffer chatting about Test Driven Development

FOOD/DRINK:
Chicken Fingers, Fruit Kabobs, Soda and Water

--
Colin A. Bartlett
Kinetic Web Solutions