Colin A. Bartlett on 18 Oct 2007 11:09:10 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] last night's meeting

Thanks to all who attended last night's meeting. Good times were had by all. If you couldn't make it, you missed some great discussion, as always, and two very informative presentations.

Thanks again to Gamervision who sponsored our meeting. Email Sean Curran [sean at gamervision dot com] if you're interested in either of their two Railish positions.

Here's a quick recap of what was discussed:

- http://rubyquiz.com
- http://projecteuler.net
... both great sources for beginers and veterans alike to polish their skills.

- plugins that folks are using; my list: http://blog.kineticweb.com/articles/2007/06/07/plugins-were-using

- Aaron Mulder gave an intro to Acts As Authenticated plugin for handling user authentication in Rails.
His slides: http://www.chariotsolutions.com/presentations.html

- Mat Schaffer gave an intro to Test/Unit and Test Driven Development practices.

As always, we need speakers and a sponsor for our next meeting, slated to be held at Drexel University some time in November. Email organizers@phillyonrails.org or the talk list here with topic suggestions, etc.

Thanks again.

--
Colin A. Bartlett
Kinetic Web Solutions