Adam Turoff on Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:08:46 -0500 (EST)

Re: Perl Ripping Event

Nicolai Rosen wrote:
>  So what does everybody think? "Dumb idea Nicolai! Shut your trap!"

Shut your trap, Nicolai.  This is a GREAT idea.  :-)

> or
> could something like that work? It could be a regular event, a one
> time thing, or even an ongoing web site of some sort.

This is tickling a memory or two.

I think Jeff Pinyan was doing an 'ineffective perl programming'
article/web page/presentation highlighting stupid sins of Perl.
[I think this is similar to what you were describing, Nicolai.]

Nat Torkington gave a Sins of Perl presentation at yapc last year, but
I didn't get a chance to see it.  That was probably really ugly bits
of perl that newbies wouldn't come up with on their on.

Anyone remember anything more about either of these?  URLs perhaps?

Z.