Joe Smith on Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:04:02 -0500 (EST)

Re: Amazon Boycott, continued

Not that I would ever consider that there might be even the slightest
correlation between the software a used by a business for it's web
site and the overall cluefulness of the business itself (especially in
non-technical fields such as book selling), but I thought you might
join me in raising an eyebrow at this little survey, via Netcraft, of
online book sellers (Amazon, plus the US alternatives listed on
noAmazon).  As Mr. Spock might say: 'fascinating'.

IIS/NT          7   abebooks, alldirect, alphacraze, barnesandnoble,
                    booksnow, opampbooks, page1book
Apache/NT       1   bookpool
Netscape/NT     1   fatbrain
WebSitePro/NT   1   cherryvalleybooks
---
Any/NT: 10

Apache/Unix     6   abc.schaper.com, dealpilot, booksamillion, evenbetter,
                    nebulabooks, powells
Netscape/Unix   2   borders, bol
Stronghold/Unix 1   amazon
---
Any/Unix: 9 (4 Linux, 3 Solaris, 1 AIX, 1 DU)

CBS (via ABE books) still has the best price, but no web ordering.
The next lowest price I found was through dealpilot (now evenbetter)
at $28+.

This list originally had something to do with books, right?

<Joe