Robert Spier on Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:43:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Foundation

>> No computers next year.  It makes life easier.
AT> Then there's the cellphone factor.  After all, what happens when
AT> someone calls his girlfriend to get Ted Williams' 1941 batting
AT> average?  :-)

She didn't know.  Walt did though.  (We should have called him.)

AT> In this crowd, everyone is going to be wired.  If you take away
AT> wavelans, there's still the rogue google search through Verizon
AT> Wireless.

It's a lot harder to search with a cell phone.

AT> Then again, crafting questions to defeat google is pretty damn
AT> difficult.

If not impossible.

AT> Relying on the honor system is starting to look like the only
AT> out....

And it should work.  Just threaten an intimate evening with Bill for
those who break the rules.

For those of you who haven't met Bill,
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/Pictures/00-06-YAPC/Day-3-Fri/Hooters/hoot_58.jpg

(That photograph is NOT for the faint of heart.)

-R