Adam Turoff on Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:11:55 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Next week

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:55:34PM -0400, rGeoffrey wrote:
> At 16:19 08/01/2000, you wrote:
> >SH> Thanks, Robert.  Have we decided where to go on Monday?
> >
> >I don't think so.  Geoff?  Adam?
>
> Attempting to stay with the theme of Italian, the new answer is...
>
> Dolce Carini
> 1929 Chestnut
> 7pm 8/7/19100

If this is the place I'm thinking of, it looks like a sandwich shop
that's not open for dinner.  Robert, this place is near you, isn't it?

Pizzacato on 3rd serves italian, as does The Onion Pie on 2nd & Market
and Marco's on 3rd & Vine.

The Onion Pie is a good local pizzaria that also does salads and grinders.

The Italian (mob-tied) places on 2nd between Market & Chestnut have
been closed down by L&I for a few months now.  From what I understand,
Prego was mismanaged to death, unfortunately.

I'm having a difficult time thinking of Italian places with reasonable
menus.  There's always La Locanda Del Ghitonne, but that's a bit
on the "romantic date" side, very excellent food, and cash only.  Ditto
Ralphs in South Philly (although they take plastic).  And Il Portico.

I've heard not-so-good things about the Italian place on 5th & South
(Tiramisu?) but they've been around for years, so they can't be that bad.

And, finally, I'm not sure what the seating would be like for a party of
~12, but San Marco (?) on Walnut across the street from HMV is a nice
gourmet pizzaria (read: personal pizzas made to order).  Quite reasonable.

Z.