Robert Spier on Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:16:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Next week

AT> If this is the place I'm thinking of, it looks like a sandwich
AT> shop that's not open for dinner.  Robert, this place is near you,
AT> isn't it?

Yes. They are more of a pizza joint.  (And overpriced pizza too.)  I
think they're open for dinner, but they're not what I'd call a "nice"
place.

AT> The Italian (mob-tied) places on 2nd between Market & Chestnut
AT> have been closed down by L&I for a few months now.  From what I
AT> understand, Prego was mismanaged to death, unfortunately.

Darn :)

AT> cash only.  Ditto Ralphs in South Philly (although they take
AT> plastic).  And Il Portico.

If we head South, there should be lots of good options.

AT> And, finally, I'm not sure what the seating would be like for a
AT> party of ~12, but San Marco (?) on Walnut across the street from
AT> HMV is a nice gourmet pizzaria (read: personal pizzas made to
AT> order).  Quite reasonable.

Been there.  They are pretty good.. but I'm not so sure how 12 would
work either.

-R