rGeoffrey on Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:07:57 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Quizzo Results

We would have scored 2 points more, but the Quizo guy had the wrong anwer to a question in the round we jokered.

The question was, "In what war did the pirate Jean Lafitte fight on the side of the United States?"

The answers (correct and his) can be found many lines below this one to give you time to ponder your answer...

He claimed it was the American Revolution.

It was actually the War of 1812 and he saved the day at the Battle of New Orleans on January 8, 1815.

Here is a biography of Jean Lafitte http://dev.neworleansonline.com/culture/gcno-lafitte.shtml
The movie I mentioned is "The Buccaneer" (made in 1958) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0051436 executive produced by Cecil B. DeMille.
It was a remake of "The Buccaneer" (made in 1938) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0029950 directed by Cecil B. DeMille.