Meng Weng Wong on Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:09:44 -0500 (EST)

movies

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:22:17AM -0500, John Kirk wrote:

|   Sounds like fun to me.  My interests are pretty varied.  A
| few old things that I seldom get to see, and have been hard to
| find, the times I wanted to buy copies:
|
|        Hearts and Minds
|        Black Orpheus
|        Children of Paradise

I love old movies too.  Unfortunately I'm limited to those
that have been released on DVD: Black Orpheus yes, but
Children of Paradise and Hearts and Minds --- I might have
to borrow a VCR.

(Hearts and Minds: did you mean
 http://us.imdb.com/Title?0069446 or
 http://us.imdb.com/Title?0071604 ?)

On Saturday we tossed out some other titles:

  blade runner
  leon, uncut
  taxi driver
  matrix

I will add to the list:

  terminator
  labyrinth
  batman
  the prisoner

and mjd is the current titleholder for Oldest Movie Suggested:

  metropolis

I'd like to start with the "classics" --- try to cover
the-canon-according-to-phl.pm.  Let's get the "great movie,
memorable, really worth my time, can't believe you haven't
seen it" out of the way, and then we can move on to "ooh,
the explosions!"

I think once or twice a month should be both necessary and
sufficient to make headway.  Beer, popcorn, cookies,
brownies, cheese, bread, cheese, bread, cheesebread, ...

Also we would need to agree on a night; for movies, Fridays
or Saturdays are probably more appropriate.

Any more suggestions for the list?