Kurt D. Starsinic on Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:05:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: movies

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:35:59PM -0500, David H. Adler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:09:07PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> > I'd like to start with the "classics" --- try to cover
> > the-canon-according-to-phl.pm.  Let's get the "great movie,
> > memorable, really worth my time, can't believe you haven't
> > seen it" out of the way, and then we can move on to "ooh,
> > the explosions!"
>
> Should I bother getting in on the act here, or, since I probably won't
> be making it to many of these (or possibly any, for that matter),
> should I just keep my mouth shut? :-)

    Fellow Philadelphia expat that I am, I would be likely to make the
pilgrimage for anything written or directed by Jean Cocteau.  He did
two Orpheus movies, BTW.

    <alert type="lowbrow">
    And I recommend _Cannibal:  The Musical_, which is truly a hoot.
    </alert>

> dave, warning that he can spout large film lists at the drop of a
> hat...

    This from a man who hasn't even seen _Potemkin_, _Nevsky_, or _Ivan_?

    [ /me ducks ]

    Peace,
* Kurt Starsinic (kstar@sri.net) ---------------- Senior Software Architect *
|           `The sight of immediate reality has become an orchid            |
|            in the land of technology.'  --  Walter Benjamin               |