Meng Weng Wong on Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:08:56 -0500

Re: Monday

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:54:21PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:

| No.  There are the usual standbys of Nodding Head and Dock Street.
| There are also two new Irish pubs in the general vicinity of Meng's
| place that look interesting, but unfortunately I don't remember the
| name or location of either of them.

For future reference (sorry, didn't see this message until now)
two great new places are

    The Black Sheep (17th and spruce)

    Fado (15th and locust, near TLA)

maybe we try them next time.  Also there is

    fsApartment (20th and pine) now featuring surround sound!

Black Sheep (where I took a lady friend to dinner last
night) feels a little more authentic than Fado (where I went
for lunch today), which feels like it was ordered prefab
from www.guinnesspub.com.  (Guinness, being a beer
manufacturer, isn't allowed to own bars, but it does its
damndest anyway by selling franchises McDonald-style through
a legally separate entity.  Aren't corporations great?)

Everything is good at the black sheep, especially the onion
rings, the mussels, and the burgers.

Everything also seems good at fado; I had the spicy chicken
boxty quesadillas, big and filling --- for $7.95, of course,
you'd expect no less.