Lisa Nyman on Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:51:29 -0400

Re: Thanksgiving Long Weekend

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, rGeoffrey wrote:

> And I move to eliminate the Caribbean as well because Perl Whirl '02 will
> be there less than 2 months later.

That and it's hurricaine season.

> I like the idea of going to Las Vegas.  It has better weather than most of
> the other choices, it is not the site of a Perl event in August or January,
> it does not involve currency conversions, and as an added bonus the airfare
> is cheapest of the cities listed.  Too bad we can't go one week earlier
> because COMDEX is the week before Thanksgiving.

I think LV would be fun, although the temptation on several fronts could
be dangerous.  I wonder if LV prices are hiked on the holiday weekend.

I think WY would be too cold to visit in November, especially for
non-skiers like me.  And Bryce Canyon is kind of hard to see from there
anyway :-)

Lisa Nyman  <lnyman@census.gov>  IT Warrior Princess
"Life is too short to wear ugly underwear."
Get the facts at http://quickfacts.census.gov/