Adam Turoff on Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:14:02 -0400

RE: Lurkers (fwd^3)

----- Forwarded message from owner-phl@lists.pm.org -----
From: Robert Munroe <RMunroe@lawmanager.com>
To: "'phl@lists.pm.org'" <phl@lists.pm.org>
Subject: RE: Lurkers (fwd)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:34:56 -0400

Walt,

Yes, I was at Adam Turoff's SOAP talk.  It was my first venture into being
"involved locally."  I also plan to attend the red flags talk next week.  I
am very grateful that people are willing to give free Perl talks with a very
professional attitude and presentation.  This is what I *thought* was the
purpose of the list: to announce these things and discuss them.  I guess the
list is supposed to be 50/50 tech and social.  I was wrong about the
importance of social discussion of the list, and I apologize.

My problem is that I can't sort out the discussions of a small number of
people to what interests the whole of the group.  I thought the Thanksgiving
Weekend thread was just that, but since I don't know the history of the
group, I missed the boat completely.

- Robert

----- End forwarded message -----