Nguon Hao Ching on Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:53:50 -0400

Re: off-topic (sort of): DSL

I ordered Telocity (now DirecTV DSL) service.  Months later, they
said my account was set up and they were waiting for Verizon.  My
dial tone promptly disappeared.  After checking my network interface
box, I got Verizon to fix my dial tone.  (The repair guy checked
inside the house several times before checking the box.)  After a few
weeks, my modem arrived.  I plugged it in, and there was no signal.
So I checked the Web site, and miraculously there was a valid tech
support number I can dial (only because their Web site was being
redesigned again).  I called the tech guys, and I was finally told
that a service request had been put in to Verizon.

A month later and still with no signal, I check Comcast again and
@Home service is available!  I quickly fill out the order form, and a
week later, on a Saturday the cable guy comes to install the cable
line.  It takes maybe two hours, and I haven't had a problem since.

Now I hear @Home is in financial trouble.

-Hao