Meng Weng Wong on Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:27:59 -0400

PHL -> STL -> PHL road trip

			East Coast YAPC Driving
			   or, Geeks in Cars
				  v1.1

Sunday:  NYC -> PHL. (schwern,dha)
Monday:         PHL -> Wheeling, WV (schwern, dha, freeside)
Monday:         PGH -> Wheeling, WV (lenzo, cwest)
Monday:                Wheeling, WV -> Ohio (I-70)
Tuesday:                               Ohio -> Indiana -> Illinois -> St Louis.

Saturday on I-64: St Louis -> Indiana -> Indiana -> Kentucky -> West Virginia
Sunday on I-81: West Virginia -> Virginia -> Baltimore -> Wilmington -> PHL

Monday morning, Philadelphia, around 9am: dha, Schwern, and I (freeside)
leave Philly heading west on the PA pike.  We may stop for an early
lunch at Zinn's Diner for The Best Grilled Cheese In The World.

The turnpike takes us west toward Pittsburgh, but we won't actually go
into the city; instead we'll run south of it, following interstate 70 to:

Wheeling, West Virginia, around 5:30pm: we'll stop to (A) stretch our legs
and (B) pick up Lenzo and cwest, who are both driving.  Now three cars
strong, we'll continue to Zanesville just east of Columbus, Ohio.  We'll
find a nice supermarket, pick up some nice steaks, and proceed to a nice
Cabin in the Woods to cook them.  Meat.  Nice meat.  Yum.

  The Cabin in the Woods:
  http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/burroak.htm

Tuesday around 11am, after a quick stop at the Ohio Ceramic Center,
we'll get back on the highway and make quick work of Ohio, Indiana, and
Illinois, arriving in St. Louis in time to watch a majestic sunset
through the Arch.  We'll unload at the dorms and then head over to the
Cheshire for evening drinks to unwind.

Saturday on I-64 we'll take the scenic route to a small town just south
of Charleston, WV.

Sunday on I-81 we'll weave through the Virginia Appalachians back up to
the PA Pike.

I've booked the loft at http://www.bbonline.com/wv/cedarwood/index.html