mjd-perl-pm on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:53:11 -0500

Dinner / social meeting: April 9 at Teresa's Buffet

For next month's meeting, I suggest we go to Teresa's Polish Buffet.
I've been there twice and I recommend it.  A number of folks told me
they don't like Chinese food, and this may make those people happier.
The food is great and you get all you can eat for $8.50.

For reviews and sample menu stuff, see

        http://www.hollyeats.com/Teresas.htm
        http://citypaper.net/articles/2003-01-30/food2.shtml

In brief: Lots of Polish food, including kielbasi, several kinds of
pierogies, stuffed cabbage, potato pancakes, roast chicken, borscht,
and many many other things.  Salat.  Dessert.  Soda, tea, and coffee
included.  Bring beer or wine if you like.

Teresa's is located in scenic Port Richmond, Philadelphia.  It is in
the strip mall on the east side of Aramingo avenue at Tioga Street.
(The nominal address is 2401 East Venango, but my description is
better.)  If you need directions, please contact me.  I realize that
the location is probably inconvenient to everyone except possibly John
Carr.  It's inconvenient to me too.  But it is worth the trip.
Believe me, you don't want to miss Teresa's.  Let's organize car
pools.  If you need a ride, or want to offer one, please contact me.
I can transport several people in my wombatmobile.

I suggest we meet at 7 PM on Wednesday April 9.  That's WEDNESDAY not
MONDAY.  That is because I am flying back from Ireland on Sunday.  So
let's meet on WEDNESDAY.  If anyone who wants to come has a problem
with Wednesday, drop me a note.  Everything is negotiable.

If at least seven people appear, I will give away a copy of O'Reilly's
book "Best of the Perl Journal: Computer Science and Perl Programming"
edited by Jon Orwant.

-