Nguon Hao Ching on Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:00:34 -0500

Re: Debian to Mac OS X Culture Shock

> I even compiled my own Perl.  However, on OS X the perl
> libs are not where I expected them to be.

Might I suggest installing your own version of Perl?

    http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/perl.html

Fink (port of Debian package manager) might also help:

    http://fink.sourceforge.net/

Not trusting Apple to leave /usr/local alone, I've usually
installed stuff in /sw/local.

If you use the default shell (tcsh), modify /etc/csh.login
to include any new paths, as instructed by the Fink docs.

HTH.

-Hao
-