Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:32:03 -0400

Re: OT: OpenBSD event at UPENN cancelled, request for help

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 05:18:27PM -0400, mjd-perl-pm@plover.com wrote:
>   [13 lines, 70 words, 439 characters]  Top characters: otsiahnr
>

> I hope someone who understands this can explain it.
>
> What is POSSE?  What does this have to do with the Hackathon?
> My impression is that the Hackathon is in Calgary, so what does U Penn
> have to do with it?  (Or if the hackathon is in Calgary, where does
> Calgary come into it?)

The hackathon is in Calgary. It was being funded by a DARPA grant to
UPenn. Penn canceled their funding. It appeared it was because DARPA
had cut their funding for it. This appeared on slashdot today:

    http://bsd.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/17/2332233

--
 Jeff

-