Geoffrey Young on Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:43:23 -0400

Re: YAPC proposal deadline

> The deadline is in a week and a half.  If this is going to happen, we
> need to get moving.

indeed :)

> 2. The folks who are investigating places like Delaware and Atlantic
>   City to make their reports.

I have a contact at Delaware and the results appear to be very promising
(see the wiki) - they seem very comfortable with our requests for dorm
housing and apparently we will have more than enough classroom space at a
reasonable price.  for those that have been to delaware, there are plenty of
places to eat and (more importantly) drink within walking distance of the
campus, though it is more of a college town and lacks the charm of, say,
downtown st. louis.

I should have a conference package waiting for me when I get back home this
friday, which leaves very little time to actually write the proposal after
seeing the information first hand.

so, the question I have is this: is delaware a place that the group can get
behind?  as a more, um, passive member I can't really gague the overall
commitment of the group very well.  however, I'm willing to do most of the
legwork on the proposal (and later parts) if people like the idea and feel
as though phl.pm, as a group, can act as host for a venue outside of center
city.

--Geoff

(oh, and if anyone can get their hands on prior successful proposals so I
can see the format, that would be great :)

-