eric@lucii.org on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:27:31 -0400

perl -MCPAN -e shell ---> segfault

Well, I'm not sure where to start on this... I tried Google with no
success.

I (as root) enter: perl -MCPAN -e shell
and get the usual prompt.

Then I look for a module (to handle mp3's) and it segfaults.

Here's the entire session:

> earth:~ # perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.63)
> ReadLine support enabled
>
> cpan> i /mp3/
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
> Database was generated on Sun, 22 Dec 2002 04:54:31 GMT
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
> Segmentation fault
> earth:~ #

I tried removing the 01mailrc* files and re-running but it just
downloads the file and then does it again.  Running gzip on the
01mailrc.txt.gz file produces a text file without complaint.

Any clues anyone?

TIA

Eric

#   Eric Lucas