Mike Cramer on 10 Oct 2003 21:09:07 -0000

Re: Perl source filter question

Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
If you had really used the pattern mjd gave above, you wouldn't have
gotten things like "select total from db" and "please select".  (Maybe
you put your response in the wrong place.)

Yes...I actually just used grep, like his first suggestion, but see the benefits of the second one as well.

For what it's worth, I had to do something very similar about 6 months ago, and it was really far easier to use the 'stupid' solution (pattern matching, refining the pattern until it only hit the things I actually happened to have) than the 'smart' one (finding out which functions are called).

Yes...I aggree -- in this case the simple solution was the obvious one. My original question was not motivated as much to solve the problem at hand, but more out of a suspicion that there might be something lower-level -- like B::Deparse -- that would solve the problem in a more, I don't know, interesting way? Just trying to expand my Perl-knowledge on a Friday afternoon.

--
Mike Cramer
http://www.webkist.com/ | AIM: MikeWebkist

-