Geoffrey Young on 11 Oct 2003 03:49:34 -0000

Re: Perl source filter question

Yes...I aggree -- in this case the simple solution was the obvious one. My original question was not motivated as much to solve the problem at hand, but more out of a suspicion that there might be something lower-level -- like B::Deparse -- that would solve the problem in a more, I don't know, interesting way? Just trying to expand my Perl-knowledge on a Friday afternoon.

indeed - there's usually lots to be gained personally by not taking the easy way out and following a more challenging path... so long as you have the time to spare :)

I still find this article pretty interesting

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/05/07/optree.html

--Geoff

-