Darian Anthony Patrick on 17 Aug 2004 18:23:00 -0000

Fwd: Job Descriptions

Hey everyone. My current employer is looking to fill the following positions. The Assistant Project Manager and QA Engineer positions apply most to folks on this list. We're also looking for software developers possessing the same skills as the QA Engineer description, minus all the QA stuff. Feel free to e-mail me for more information at dpatrick@solfopro.com. Thanks for reading.

Darian

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Vanessa Collin" <vcollin@solfopro.com>
To: maillist@solfopro.com
Subject: Job Descriptions
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:11:27 -0400

Below are the job descriptions for the several positions we are trying to
fill.  Feel free to forward them to people that may be interested.

To apply for a position, e-mail a cover letter and resume to
vcollin@solfopro.com.

ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
We are seeking an assistant project manager with prior Internet application
development experience, to oversee small software development and
maintenance projects, under the supervision of a senior project manager.
Ideal candidates will have all of the following qualifications:
-       Excellent communication and people skills
-       Prior experience leading small software development projects.
-       1+ years of project management experience on full life-cycle
application development projects.
-       Experience with eXtreme Programming or other agile software
development methodologies.
-       Broad technical knowledge of application architecture, system
architecture, application integration, relational databases, and object
oriented languages

QA ENGINEER
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to
-       Support the development of automated test scripts and test cases.
-       Provide technical QA leadership and training to existing and new QA
team members.
-       Create QA project schedules and plans to track QA progress.
-       Develop and maintain test case documentation to validate product
requirements.
Overall knowledge of automated testing processes and tools for testing is
necessary.  Ideal candidates will have all of the following qualifications:
-       Experience with Perl, Mod_perl, XML, and HTML.
-       2+ years experience writing test cases and test plans

POLICY RESEARCHER

The policy researcher is responsible for researching and understanding the
benefits supported by The Benefit Bank at the most detailed level, and
communicating these details to the programming team in the form of software
requirements. Successful candidates will have strong oral and written
communication skills and extensive experience using a variety of software
applications, including spreadsheets. Experience with computer programming
is a strong plus. Individuals are expected to both work independently
towards personal deadlines and collaborate extensively with teammates.
Salary is $25,000, including an excellent benefits package. We are an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive society and
workplace.

MSW

Solutions for Progress, a progressive public policy consulting group located
in Philadelphia, is seeking a Policy Analyst with social work skills (MSW or
Ph.D. in social work preferred) to join our research team. The analyst will
contribute to our ongoing studies of public policy concerning poverty and
social justice and will be a key member of The Benefit Bank team. The
Benefit Bank is increasingly being used as part of anti-poverty
mobilizations; it is a free service that assists low- and moderate-income
households in maximizing their tax credits and public benefits. See
www.solfopro.com <http://www.solfopro.com/> .

Successful candidates will have an understanding of public benefits and tax
refunds, the complexity of the US social welfare system and the practical
issues involved in helping people get the benefits to which they are
entitled.

Candidates must also have strong written and oral communication skills.
Excellent analytical report-writing skills are essential. General computer
literacy is a must, and experience with Microsoft Excel, databases, and
software development is a plus.  Also, candidates should have some
background in qualitative research methods.  Individuals are expected to
both work independently towards personal deadlines and collaborate
extensively with teammates. We are an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive society and workplace.

SENIOR POLICY ANALYST

Solutions for Progress, a progressive public policy consulting group located
in Philadelphia, is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst. We want to find
someone who has the leadership and skills to develop our research and policy
team and coordinate with our researchers developing The Benefit Bank, our
income enhancement software. Most of our work involves public policy and
economic analysis involving issues of poverty, polarization, economic
sustainability and environmental issues. We want to add a person with
Quantitative and Qualitative Skills necessary in the following areas:

.Experience with data collection and analysis;

Conducting library and internet research;
.Budget analysis;
.Spreadsheet and simulation modeling
.Program evaluation; and,
.Research design and implementation (i.e., interviews with key informants,
survey design, focus group implementation, etc.).
Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Excellent analytical report writing skills are essential. General computer
literacy is a must and experience with Microsoft Excel, databases, and
software development is a plus. Also, candidates should have some
background in qualitative research methods. Candidates should have
excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and have a preference and
ability to work well both autonomously and on a team. We are an Affirmative
Action employer.

WEB & PRINT DESIGNER

Solutions for Progress is looking for a web designer to assist with the
design and production of web and print-based projects. Typical projects
include creating brochures, user manuals, PowerPoint presentations and
updating websites.
The ideal candidate will have great design skills and a solid understanding
of how to operate Windows-based personal computers. An aptitude for learning
how to operate various pieces of hardware including digital cameras, flatbed
scanners, slide scanners and CD burners is also necessary.
Familiarity with software such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks,
PageMaker and PowerPoint is strongly desired.

Vanessa Collin

Solutions for Progress

1800 JFK Boulevard, 5th Floor

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Phone: (215)557-8658   Ext 303

Fax :     (215)972-8109

E-mail: vcollin@solfopro.com

Web: www.solfopro.com

--
Darian Anthony Patrick
Network and Systems Integration Consultant