Walt Mankowski on 20 Aug 2004 14:36:54 -0000

ANNOUNCE: Social meeting at Riversharks game, Monday 8/23

Here's the plan, which will look very similar to what we did last
year...

We're going to see the Camden Riversharks play the hated Newark Bears
at Campbell's Field along the Camden waterfront.  Game time is fairly
early -- 6:35 PM.  There are directions to Campbell's Field online at
http://www.riversharks.com/field/directions.shtml.  I'll be driving to
the game from the Penn campus (34th and Chestnut to be exact), and can
give a ride to anyone who needs it.

We'll meet outside the stadium around 6:20 to get tickets.  Last year
we just met at the ticket booth, and that seemed to work out OK.
Let's figure on entering the stadium around 6:25 so we have a chance
to get settled in before the game starts.  I'm also going to suggest
we get the cheap ($7.50) seats down the first base line, since that
side has the better views of the bridge and the Philly skyline.

If anyone would like to go but thinks they won't be there by 6:25, let
me know and we'll leave tickets for you at the will call window.  Or,
if you're feeling lucky, you can just get tickets on your own and try
to find us in the ballpark.  If the crowd is anything like it was last
year, this won't be a problem at all.  In fact last year we had one or
two people come late, and they didn't have any trouble finding us.

I'll have my cellphone with me Monday.  My number is (484) 432-7897.

Walt