Walt Mankowski on 26 May 2006 19:05:58 -0000

Re: YAPC/OSCON practice talks?

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 01:34:21PM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
> Actually, if the stars where somehow magically aligned, I wouldn't mind
> doing my Intro to Haskell tutorial.  I'd need 3 hours somewhere, one day
> when I could come up from DC.
>
> (It's not exactly Perl-related, but if you squint and tilt your head at
> the right angle, you can see it's very nearly relevant.  :-)

Wow, I've been meaning to learn Haskell sometime, so I'd definitely be
interested in that.  I take it you'd also rather do it a little closer
to OSCON, too?

If no one else has a talk ready before YAPC, I could talk about some
computer vision projects I've been studying lately.  On the downside,
they don't really have anything to do with Perl, and they have a fair
amount of of math.  But on the plus side, they have some cool pictures
and videos, and they have a fair amount of math. :)  Also, I've got
slides already prepared, so I wouldn't have to do any additional work.

Walt