R. Geoffrey Avery on 29 Jul 2006 05:23:20 -0000

Re: [ABE.pm] YAPC::Philadelphia 2007

At 09:02 AM 7/28/2006, John Cappiello wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:34:03AM -0400, R. Geoffrey Avery wrote:
>       http://abe.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?YAPCPhiladelphia

I wanted to just chime in here as I've thus far been silently watching.  I'm
very interested in helping out and making this happen.

I was going to add my name to the Team list, but I'm not sure it would make a
difference, as not many people know me outside of phl/abe.  And even most of
you, I just met for the first time in Chicago.

Any suggestions?  Should I put my name down on the team list, and is there
anything specific I can do to help make this happen at this point, short of
revise the wiki as needed?

Adding your name to the list is a good thing. In addition to names that will be recognized by the selection committee we need to show that we have enough bodies so we won't have 3 or 4 people doing all the work.

These are the tasks to be completed in the next few days:

Get the rest of the numbers from Rutgers to finish the Facilities page. This is mostly my problem.
Get words and links into the wiki so we can mix and match to build the proposal.
On Monday and Tuesday we will need to put the parts together into a final proposal.
Submit the proposal, I will do this one.

Don't worry if you don't contribute much now. In September when we get started for real there will be more than enough work to go around and you can be as into it as you want. But it would be cool if you have content for the wiki or another proposed theme.

- Geoff