Walt Mankowski on 7 Dec 2007 21:33:33 -0000

Fwd: Open Source Symposium CFP ending soon

Don't know if anyone's interested in this, but I thought I'd forward
it just in case.  See the website for more information.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from fluhmann@gmail.com -----

From: fluhmann@gmail.com
To: pm_groups@pm.org
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:17:28 -0600
Subject: [pm_groups] Open Source Symposium CFP ending soon

Just a reminder that there's only one week left for the Open Source
Symposium Call For Participation!  http://www.texasoss.org/cfp
(Deadline is December 15th)

If you've been considering submitting, but aren't sure, I encourage
you to go ahead and submit!  I know several of you present at your
user group meetings and aren't afraid to speak in front of a large
audience.  The number of submissions are a little low right now, but
it's to be expected since they usually all pour in during the last
week (and some even after the deadline).

Once a few more talks start coming in, I'll likely post some of the
topics on the schedule page.  This may give you an idea about
something you may want to submit.  Remember, the topic range is wide
and covers any aspect of open source that you'd like to talk about.

Symposium updates:
I've finally setup a new blog for news and updates.  You can subscribe
to the feed from the from the News page
(http://www.texasoss.org/news), or from the blog directly at
http://blog.texasoss.org/

There's an IRC channel on Freenode, #texasoss

There is a panel session planned for the second day of the conference.
Topic is currently TBD.  More information will be posted to the site
and blog.

CFP submissions:
To submit a proposal, please e-mail submissions@texasoss.org with the following information:
    Your Name
    Your Email
    [optional] Short Bio
    Presentation Title
    Presentation Abstract
    [optional] Links to your presentation
    Time slot (20, 50 minute, or requested time)

Please visit http://www.texasoss.org/cfp for more information.

Thanks,
Jeremy Fluhmann
Open Source Symposium 2008