Geoffrey Young on 27 Mar 2008 09:38:15 -0700

Re: Time zone

Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:47:55AM -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
I was about to post something sayin that sounded like it would
probably work, but then I realized that it's probably difficult to
tell if a random user has installed cygwin.  Does DOS's time command
give a time zone?  If so, that's probably the safest approach.

I'm sure cygwin will show up in Config for a perl built on it, and you have no
business using cygwin stuff from a regular windows perl, so...

  use constant CYGWIN  => $^O eq 'cygwin';

--Geoff
-