Bryan Allen on 3 Apr 2009 10:20:03 -0700

Re: Late night dining

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On 2009-04-03 12:53:57, David H. Adler wrote:
|
| These are good questions. After 11pm and kind of food can be most
| anything, but I need a place with some vegetarian options.

Well, vegetarian options in Chinatown are going to be pretty wide and varied.
Hours are also pretty late (you can find stuff open past 3AM).

Kingdom of Vegetarian is going to be your vegan standard. But you can walk into
almost anywhere and get veggie dishes.

Suggestions (via helen@pobox.com):

 * Penang (Malaysian; everything is delicious)
 * Dim Sum Garden (soup dumplings)
 * Wong Wong (roast meats and congee)
 * Sang Kee (noodle soups)
 * Shiao Lan Kung (seafood)
 * Rising Tide

I like David's, too, and it tends to be open late. But if you just wander
around you'll find something no problem.

South Philly, near Ave of Arts:

 * Nam Phuong (Vietanmese; since Ong's closed down -- sigh -- the only place
   I'd go to)
 * Taqueria Veracruzana (delicious Mexican)

North of Chinatown:

 * Jose's Mexican Food (incredibly good; 10th St, in the Loft District)
--
bda
cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.