Scott Fraser on Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:03:02 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Untitled

>>KDE Beta2

I been running Beta 1 as my main desktop for weeks now.  I like it lots
- cept it seems to memory leak over the long run, so a shutdown of X
every week or so is necessary.  There are also various annoying minor
bugs.  I haven't installed Beta 2 yet cause I want to build it from
source this time and see what the code looks like.  All in all, I am
very excited about KDE.  (also check out Gnome at: http://www.gnome.org)

Right now my desktop is on a 21" NEC, with xearth in the background, and
kswarm as my screensaver.  Usually have the kmixer and kscd up playing
tunes, netscape open, xemacs running.  Plus now I got Oracle 7.3 running
via iBCS, so I might have a sql*plus sessions going, which looks very
familiar to database/programmer types.  I show windows users this setup
and they say WOW!  What's THAT!  Then I tell them the box is dual Ppro
SMP, never crashes (well, except when Oracle chews up all my swap),
etc...  and they're totally blown away.

I agree - this is indeed the kind of thing that will make click.droll
users jump ship.  Viva Linux!!!

-Scott
begin:          vcard
fn:             Scott Fraser
n:              Fraser;Scott
org:            FMG Technologies, Inc.
adr:            ;;;Philadelphia;PA;;USA
email;internet: scott@fmgtech.com
title:          Senior Technical Engineer
note:           http://www.fmgtech.com
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1