David E. Edwards on Sun, 30 Nov 1997 23:41:43 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Untitled

I'm still a relative newcomer to Linux (Jan '97), but I can see that day when
I will be Microsoft free coming very soon.
This weekend, I downloaded (with a miserably slow ftp connection) the KDE
RPM's (there are tarballs and '.deb' files available also) and seamlessly
installed KDE Beta2 onto my Caldera Openlinux Lite vs 1.1 system.
NOw, I'm not a Win95 fan - I prefer OS/2 and Mac, and only use windowing
systems because I have to.  KDE just might change my mind.  It is, IMHO, the
 one FREE package that could take Linux to the average home - it is a REAL
nice desktop -- and definitely worth a look-see.
Briefly - it incorporates the useful functions of Win95; OS/2 and MAC.  I've
read that it looks a little like CDE; and there are some very nice tools with
it.  (The CD audioplayer IMO was the cleanest I've heard - but I'm sure there
are better one's out there).
(AND the only one that gives me - A Leftie - true alternative mouse settings)
Find info. at WWW.KDE.ORG
Just one mans opinion.