Chris Fearnley on Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:24:24 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Untitled

'David E. Edwards wrote:'

[...]
>systems because I have to.  KDE just might change my mind.  It is, IMHO, the
> one FREE package that could take Linux to the average home - it is a REAL
>nice desktop -- and definitely worth a look-see.

The Debian project leader, Bruce Parens, is hoping that GNOME
(http://www.gnome.org) will become The "desktop" environment for X.
The problem with KDE is that it is based on Qt which has a creative (or
strange depending on one's perspective) license which does not pass the
Sunsite or Debian criteria for free software
(http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html#guidelines).  The problem
with the GNOME project is that it is very young and is experiencing
growing pains.

[...]
>Find info. at WWW.KDE.ORG
[...]

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary