David L. Martin on Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:28:01 -0500 (EST)

Re: cdda2wav

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Scott Fraser wrote:

> The output from "scan_scsi.linux" is
>         "Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00 CD-ROM -> /dev/sg3"
> <<
>
> And just for chuckles, how about the output from 'ls -la /dev/scd*'.
>
> I don't quite understand why this is, but for me to burn CD's required
> enabling the SCSI generic support, yet when I burn I write to /dev/scd0,
> not /dev/sga.

I found the problem, the new version of cdda2wav uses the cooked interface
not the generic.  Thats why it no longer works.

My drive used to be supported, I guess not any more.

I guess when cdrom's get five or six years old you should replace them.
Damn, I'm cheap....

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti

"Every time I think I know where it's at, they move it."