Dave Moylan on Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:18:10 -0500 (EST)

PPP problems solved....almost.

Well.  Thanks again to all the helpful messages.  It turns out
my problem was with the escape character option using pppd.
I forget the exact syntax but pppd was treating FF as an escape
character.  That was the default setting of the ppp-on script
that was installed on my system.  I guess that'll teach me to
start simple.  I tried removing it after reading that the
asynch map option was giving someone else trouble when trying
to connect to a primarily windoze ISP.  My only problem now is
that I keep losing my connection after 2 or 3 minutes.  Perhaps
the priority on the serial port is too low and I'm get buffer
overruns?  Who knows...but I'm 90% there.  Thanks again to
everyone who took the time.  dave moylan