LeRoy D. Cressy on Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:47:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: Video cards and Linux

David L. Martin wrote:

> I am beginning to order parts for a new PC (its about time).
> Last time I went with dependable, now I want cutting edge.
>
> How can I select a fast modern video card, without going so modern that
> support for Linux is sketchy?

Hi Dave,

I have found that the Matrox Millennium Card with 8 megs of ram is an
excellent choice.  It will produce up to 1600x1200 resolution.  Also
Matrox now supports Linux by releasing the specs for their hardware.
Hope that this helps in your choice.

Others have had success with ATI cards.  The main point to consider is
the amount of ram on the card.  The more ram = greater color depth at a
higher resolution.
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037