Tracy Nelson on Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:08:07 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Fwd: Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for Linux® is here!]

-----Original Message-----
From: LeRoy D. Cressy <ldc@netaxs.com>
|1:  Attempting to get the file from netscape didn't work!
|    ncftp worked great
|    site:         ftp.cdrom.com
|    directory:    /pub/simtelnet/cnet/win95/business/GUILG/
|    file:         GUILG00.GZ

I couldn't get it through Netscape from download.com, but I didn't have any
problems getting it from cdrom.com.  Actually sustained download rates of
almost 4K/sec for almost the entire transfer, which is pretty impressive in
my experience.

|2:  make a directory in /usr/local/?
|    move GUILG00.GZ to your new directory and rename it to look like a
|tar
|    gziped file like wp8-linux.tar.gz

Netscape gunzip'd the file for me, but didn't change the extension, which
caused a moment of confusion...

I'm running it under a stock AfterStep, anybody know how I can get some more
fonts?  I think I saw that it would use any Type 1 fonts, any way I could
use some of the TT fonts I have lying around?  Or am I just gonna have to
get my Quadra 700 back on the net so I can scarf Type 1s from it?

Cheers!
-- Tracy Nelson