Roger Scudder on Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:23:15 -0500 (EST)

Re: Anybody out there?

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Rebecca Ore wrote:

> Try this first -- it works for op.net without escape control characters
> being activated, and for certain netaxs numbers with escape control
> characters being activated.  If this doesn't work, you can use the
> scripting tool for simple scripts, but go here first as listening to
> people about scripts will drive you unnecessarily crazy if you can do it
> this way.

  I'm getting a sense of script phobia from this group. ;-) I've always
 enjoyed writing them.  Perhaps having always been a natural at
 programming leaves me a bit insensitive toward those who are not.
 The thing about it is this...  Having someone tell you what buttons
 to click on is nice, especially when it works.  Taking the time to read
 the HOW-TO and really understand how it works is "very" nice indeed.

Roger C. Scudder Jr.
Philadelphia, PA, US
rscudder@usa.net
I'd rather be running Linux!