Eric Windisch on Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:05:21 -0500 (EST)

Re: Kernel Problems...

I made sure that nothing important was compiled as modules (ext2, elf,
etc..).  And both of my harddrives are eide drives (linux being
/dev/hdb1).  I would assume that I couldn't have messed up the
configuration of the kernel (too bad) with both pre1 and pre7, and I
tried multiple configuration utilities (make menuconfig && make xconfig)
as well to correct this problem.  And in reference to Walt's comment
about modules, this error is appearing BEFORE attempting to load any
modules, and none of the important stuff is compiled as modules (only
sound, etc...) Another thing I shall mention is that I DID compile
enough as modules so that my kernel is still running as a zImage :)

LIST OF MODULES:
autofs.o
cdrom.o
fat.o